Sunday, September 5, 2010

While Reading "Faith Preceds the Miracle"

I've been reading "Faith precedes the Miracle" by Spencer W. Kimball during my daily nebulizer treatments. Although the book reads quickly, it's turning into a bit of an albatross around my neck. The book's references are more dated than "Miracle of Forgiveness," and then there's President Kimball's admonition towards women. Although, I understand that a good part of President Kimball's belief is cultural, I was still a little surprised to read,
" You see Mary, it was never intended by the Lord that married women should compete with men in employment."
Although President Kimball does say in an earlier chapter that women may work in "emergencies," I was still a little taken aback to read those lines. I'm still trudging book this book, and have found some great passages-or at least decent lines, but there's probably a reason this book is out of print, while "Miracle of Forgiveness" is still available at a LDS bookstore near you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment