Sunday, October 10, 2010

Id Theft?

Yesterday, an employee at my bank called. He asked me about a couple of recent charges to my ATM card, and after I confirmed that I didn't make a $96.00 purchase at a Sports Authority in California, he told me that my card was going to be deactivated. I thanked him for catching the unauthorized charges so quickly, but then he kept talking. He told me that a new card would be mailed in 3-5 business days and that I would receive it another 7-10 business days after that. Really, after deactivating someones account, they can't use it for 2-3 weeks? That's the thanks I get? Granted, I like my bank, but you would think a bank would make more of an effort to assist their customers. Anyway, I understand the security arguments for not using the ATM card much, and now I'm going to put that in practice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment