Monday, June 8, 2009

Roundup

1)  I've been making "Baked Oatmeal" the past couple of months.  The stuff works pretty well as breakfast.  I've added various things (peanuts, coconut, chocolate chips, raisins, ground ginger, cinnamon, bananas have all made the cut-but not at once) and it keeps pretty well for a few days. 

Baked Oatmeal Squares

Ingredients:

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/4 cup chopped nuts

1/4 cup raisins

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Cut into squares.

 

2) I've been thinking a lot of our experiences in El Salvador.  Spending a few days in the same pension as nuns?  Great fodder for introspection of faith, the Virgin, sacrifice, and love.

3)  Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music Volumes 1 and 2 were reissued last week on one cd.  My favorite track on the cd?  Ray Charles's cover of Cindy William's "You Don't Know Me." In fact, it may be my favorite Ray Charles song of all time.  Good thing I don't have to pick just one.

 

4)  This cracks me up.  Can't say I'm a huge fan of their music (one song I've heard is okay), but Joe Jonas trying to dance in high heels and a cat suit is more funny to me than the snl sketch parodying this song earlier this year.

5) I've got a pesky sinus infection I've been fighting for over a week.  Luckily I've got antibiotics that I finally decided to take.  I'm not doing as well I should be, so the doctor has ordered a cat-scan of the sinuses and some blood work done to see if there's other things that need to be done so I can lick this asthma.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment