Sunday, October 25, 2009

Roundup: SasSquirrel Edition

1) This weekend included the movie "Whip It!" I was hoping the film would be pretty good, and I cracked up a lot. The story was cute, the acting solid and it was fun. Drew Barrymore is on a roll after her stellar performance in "Grey Gardens," and she shows great promise as a director.

2) Friday, I went on a hunt for an albino squirrel on the National Mall. No minature Yeti was sighted lasty week, we'll see if I go back to confirm the first initial sighting.

What DC's albino squirrel may look like....Looks like a cousin of Bunnicula.


3) The Yankees finally exorcised the Angels, winning in 6 games. Although the Angels were pesky as always, the Yankees played superior ball. Now onto the Phillies on Wednesday.

4) Yesterday was the annual Del Ray Parade. Since I have no dog or child yet, I didn't enter the parade-but had a great time watching the spectacle. The categories were pets (highlights were the lobster-bulldog, elephant chihuaua etc.), children and adults, and strollers. This family won the stroller competition. If you're in Alexandria next year, you should check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment