Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rough Stone Rolling

I finished "Rough Stone Rolling" today, and the thing that struck me the most about it was how many people were interested in what I was reading! I usually read on my commute to and from work, and have never been asked what I was reading by fellow commuters until I started reading this book. Over the course of a week, several people on the train asked me what I was reading, and several others were reading the book over my shoulder. One gentleman appeared to be as into the last 30 pages as I was. I was trying to finish reading the book, so I read a few pages at work during lunch, and a couple of co-workers asked me about it. Needless to say, "Rough Stone Rolling," drew more attention than the rare occasion I read the Scriptures on the metro.
As for the book, I enjoyed it. Here's what I said about it on goodreads.
Comprehensive thorough biography of Joseph Smith and touches upon the basic
tenets of Mormonism. I appreciated how the book put doctrine J.Smith taught into
a context I hadn't thought of before. I also liked the way the author laid out
the life story of J.Smith. Fascinating book-doesn't gloss over the controversial
parts of J.Smith's life, but is somewhat sympathetic. In my opinion, it's
impossible to be completely objective when talking about J.Smith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment